ESG Quarterly Update - October 2023
Welcome to our third quarterly ESG report.
We aim to share our progress and efforts towards building a more sustainable future.
ESG factors are becoming increasingly important for companies to consider, not only in terms of compliance and risk management but also as a means of creating long-term value and securing client trust.
One of our values is to always give back to our clients, and we continue to do this by offering free resources such as business reports on the current market; salary guides to determine competitive salaries and market rates, and by creating a platform for businesses to drive business development.
In this report, we will highlight our ESG initiatives and performance over the past quarter, including our progress towards reducing our environmental impact, enhancing our social responsibility, and improving our DE & I practices.
We believe that transparency and accountability are essential for driving positive change, and we look forward to sharing our journey with you!
- Our flexible working approach allows us to work from home on whichever days best suit them – this quarter we worked on average 78% of our working days from home!
- If everyone in the office came in 5 days a week, our fuel consumption would average 3918.42 – that’s enough to fill up nearly four 6ft inflatable swimming pools! Our flexi-working schedule has allowed us to save around 2699.50 litres for every quarter.
- We are taking the first steps to cut our carbon emissions in half by 2030 and aiming to reach Net Zero by 2050. No matter how small your business, what industry or part of the UK you’re in, your commitment could make a real difference – to the planet, to your customers and your running costs! Even the smallest businesses produce carbon emissions – it could be through your building, your vehicles or your suppliers.
- We have calculated our carbon emissions for the last quarter…
- Review emails are sent out weekly to candidates and clients who we have recently worked with - We donate £20 to The Hospice of St Francis for each review we receive from a client, whereas all candidates who leave a review are entered into a monthly draw for a chance to win a £100 gift voucher. Last quarter we received 11 very positive reviews from our happy candidates and clients!
- Last quarter we received 15 very positive reviews from some happy candidates and clients!
- Our Wellness Wednesdays this quarter have included some well-deserved massages, swimming sessions and Pilates classes, as well as volunteering at a local charity.
- We have 4 Mental Health First Responders in the team who have been awarded with the FutureQuals Level 2 Award in Mental Health: Workplace Responder qualification, which gives them an understanding of mental health issues that can affect individuals at work, and how to spot the signs.
- Team MRK also added to the population this quarter with 2 team members welcoming 2 baby boys in August and September. Congrats guys!
- We said goodbye to our placement student from Bournemouth University. She became an integral part of our team, learning all aspects of our team from admin and resourcing to recruiting. It's been a remarkable year for Jess filled with learning, growth, and professional development. Her success story is a shining example of what hard work, dedication, and a supportive work environment can achieve. We will miss you Jess!
- We’ve received over 3,238 advert responses over the last 12 weeks for the 71 jobs we registered this quarter. Every advert response received a reply. Unsuitable candidates received a rejection email, whereas suitable candidates were shortlisted and approached. Every candidate receives a response from us whether positive or negative! We don’t like to leave them in the dark with their application. 94.53% unsuitable vs 65.47% shortlisted applications.
- Our salary guides provide clients and job seekers with market insight and trends within Revenue Management and Finance, with comparisons across the UK, to ensure they’re up to date with the latest salary information. (102 Revenue Management salary guides downloaded / 25 Finance salary guides downloaded)
- Our latest report offers crucial insights to HR & Talent Acquisition Managers by breaking down job seekers’ priorities in 2023. (20 downloaded)
- Sunnyside Rural Trust volunteering (19/7/23)
Team MRK spent the morning at Sunnyside Rural Trust, where we rolled up our sleeves and helped the Sunnyside team with fruit picking. Sunnyside Rural Trust is a thriving charity and social enterprise offering training and work experience for 150 vulnerable people. They train people with learning disabilities to acquire skills in a number of rural activities.
- Leading Women in Hospitality Podcast Hosted by Lucy
Episode 4 – Melissa Skluzacek, Director – Trading & Revenue Management, easyJet. Melissa boasts an impressive career in revenue management, with over 25 years of experience. This includes holding senior leadership roles at both Spirit Airlines and Frontier Airlines.
Episode 5 – Katia Savoca, Head of Revenue, Villa Plus. Katia is an experienced professional with an impressive career spanning over 20 years in revenue management. Her expertise lies in leading and managing revenue teams, driving strategic initiatives, and maximising profitability.
Episode 6 – Kelly Cronin, Revenue Director, Village Hotels. Kelly is an accomplished Revenue Director with an impressive career spanning over two decades in the revenue management sector.
Episode 7 - Roxanne Mongie, Head of Commercial, Lamington Group. Roxanne is an experienced professional in the hospitality industry with an impressive career spanning over two decades. As the Head of Commercial at Lamington Group, she oversees one of the UK's leading providers of serviced apartments and co-living spaces.
- ‘Talking Transaction’ Podcast, Hosted by Rob Smith
We have launched our new Podcast series ‘Talking Transaction’, hosted by Rob Smith, speaking to Finance professionals to explore the intricate world of finance and transactions in depth, sharing insights from industry experts and thought leaders.
Episode 1 – Lee Greenwood, Credit Manager, Atlas Copco. To kick off the series, Rob was joined by Lee Greenwood, the reputable Credit Manager at Atlas Copco. Lee brings a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field.
Episode 2 – Stewart Griffiths, Payments Manager, Bio Products Laboratory. Rob was joined by Stewart Griffiths APAM, Payments Manager at Bio Products Laboratory Limited. Stewart is an award-winning Accounts Payable Manager and Top 100 AP Industry Influencer.
Episode 3 - Annie Snell, Treasury Manager, Renewable Power Capital. We were delighted to have Annie Snell, Treasury Manager, Renewable Power Capital, as our special guest for Episode 3. With an impressive career spanning over 25 years in various finance roles, Annie brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the table.
DE & I
- We make an effort to reduce any unconscious bias from employers; before a CV gets sent to the client, we remove any personal contact details, D.O.B’s, religion/ethnicity.
- We took a look into the diversity of the candidates we’ve registered, placed, and clients we’ve worked with, as well as our own internal diversity.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
EMEA Payroll Specialist - French Speaking
Accounts Payable Specialist
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Head of Accountancy
Senior Practice Accountant
Credit Controller - SAP Specialist