Senior Practice Accountant
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
Senior Practice Accountant
Based near Finchley, London, our rapidly growing client who is at a very exciting stage of growth is looking for a Senior Practice Accountant to join the team on a permanent basis.
This job would suit someone ACA or ACCA qualified, with at least 3-5 years’ experience within a practice to help assist the growing finance team with end to end accounting tasks for a range of SME businesses, using industry leading tools.
Our well-established client has completed a number of acquisitions and is looking to grow both organically and through further acquisitions in 2022.
The successful individual will be highly organised and be able to prioritise workload efficiently. They will be able to work well under pressure and in a busy, past-faced environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential for this role. The right candidate will have intermediate MS Office skills including Excel and Word, and ideally a Xero certified user.
- Maintain client records using accounting software packages including Xero and Sage 50
- Use cloud accounting tools to process transactions, prepare and post journals, update all ledgers, perform bank reconciliations ready for the monthly reporting process
- Liaising with clients on any queries
- Making journal entries for all receipts, payments, and other financial transactions.
- Undertake financial close procedures for the month end, including inter-company balance reconciliation
- Preparing management accounts and month end reconciliations, including commentary
- Drafting and finalising year end accounts for Limited and LLP’s from start to finish
- under FRS 102, Section 1A and FRS 105, ready for client and management review
- Hold client meetings advising them of potential Tax/Accounting implications
- Preparing of service charge accounts
- Preparing extended trial balances including the final year end trial balance
- Preparing cash flow statements.
- Running the monthly payroll for clients, including RTI submissions and pension contribution calculations
- Preparing corporation tax computation calculations and basic tax planning
- Dealing with the preparation and completion of VAT returns, including EC Sales and Intrastat returns
- Apply and understand the client to ensure transactions are recorded appropriately, under the correct accounting standard and highlight unusual transactions to senior members of the team
- Apply a basic knowledge of rules and regulations followed by UK SME’s including tax requirements, company secretarial and a general commercial awareness
- Training and mentoring junior members of staff
This is a great opportunity for future progression and development, including full study support towards your qualification.
For more information about this role or any other Senior Practice Accountant jobs in Finchley, London please don’t hesitate to contact us in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates – AGY.
Helping you build the career you deserve