Sales Ledger Clerk
|Salary:||£18000 - £21000 per annum + Benefits|
Sales Ledger Clerk
Based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire our client is an established multisite company looking for an Sales Ledger Clerk to join their team on a permanent basis.
This job would suit someone with previous experience working within Sales Ledger or Purchase Ledger roles. You will have responsibility for the processing of Treasury and Sales Ledger transactions to ensure that the cashbook accounting, sales ledger invoicing and cash collection are maintained in accordance with relevant controls and procedures.
The successful candidate must be a team player with effective communication skills, able to solve problems and demonstrate high integrity. The candidate must also have good attention to detail with high standards and be proficient in the use of accounting software and Microsoft Office suite.
Previous experience of at least a year within an accounting environment dealing with high volume, low value invoicing is preferred.
Duties will include:
- Downloading and importing bank statements into accounting software
- Posting of cashbook entries and reconciliation of bank accounts
- Reconciliation of cash clearing accounts and issue resolution
- Posting cash receipts against sales ledger accounts
- Direct Debit & Standing Order processing
- Processing Petty cash declarations
- Redeeming Voucher transactions
- Raising invoices, cash collection and debt chasing
- Assist with aged debtor reporting, reconciliation and variance analysis
- Assist with month-end and year end close procedures
- Assist with improving processes and procedures to support operational efficiencies in cost controls
For more information about this role or any other Sales Ledger jobs within Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk.
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates – AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability