|Location:||Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Industry:||Purchasing and Procurement|
Based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, our client is an exciting engineering company looking for a Purchaser to join their team.
This job would suit a Purchaser with at least 5 years’ experience in a buying role. The job will involve supporting the Head of Procurement on purchasing equipment, materials and services.
This company has a strong family ethos with over 15 years’ experience in their field and are passionate about developing their staff with targeted personal progression.
The successful individual will have great communication and administration skills with the ability to negotiate. Strong IT skills are essential, including; Word and Excel. The candidate must be a team planner with a motivated and positive attitude towards work.
Duties will include:
- Enter all purchase orders into the system in an accurate and timely manner ensuring all technical and commercial clauses are included
- Check file maker daily for material requisitions and action accordingly
- Liaise with suppliers and maintain an ‘Approved Supplier’ list
- Ensure that a supplier evaluation and performance monitoring process is maintained, documented and reported
- Find, assess and select suitable suppliers of equipment, materials and services. To ensure that all working agreements and terms and conditions are reviewed and set up with all suppliers
- Request supplier quotations from designated suppliers
- Evaluate quotations and produce purchase orders based on information gathered
- Negotiate service level agreements and terms and conditions
- Ensure the contract is agreed along with the company’s insurance checked. Ensure all documentation is filled out correctly and the purchasing procedure has been followed
- Assist with price reviews and the distribution of hire reports when requested
- Data input and process transactions arising from purchasing and procurement activities
- Manage invoice disputes including face to face meetings with suppliers to resolve
- Liaise with project managers on materials needed for their project
- Support operational teams at both tender and project delivery stage
- Prepare information required for the management review process
- Answer the phone, take and distribute messages
- General scanning and filing of purchasing documents
For more information about this role or any other Purchaser jobs in Hemel Hempstead, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates – AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability