Interim Finance Manager
|Location:||East London, London|
|Salary:||£350.00 - £400.00 per day|
Based in East London we are currently recruiting for a Finance Manager to join our client on a 3-month temporary basis.
The successful individual will be an ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent, qualified accountant who will be responsible for representing the Finance Department in the senior Management Team. The job will also include having direct responsibility for the financial management of the company and ensuring accurate and timely presentation of monthly management accounts.
The company is an established and well recognised name within their field with a £4million turn over. They have a real passion for what they do, a strong and proud heritage with a modern and progressive work ethic.
This job would suit someone with experience working within an SME manufacturing company with a solid understanding of accounting fundamentals, principles and practices. It is essential the candidate has strong Excel skills, with knowledge of Vlookups, Pivot Tables etc. The candidate should have excellent communication with exceptional organisation and attention to detail. Sage Line 50 and experience of brewery accounting would be beneficial.
- Provide financial input into strategy and project planning
- Monitor company performance and suggest improvements
- Continual improvement of financial processes to improve efficiency, insight and control and ensure they scale in line with the business
- Assist with board meeting administration
- Maintain and develop the accounting system
- Ensure all invoices/expenses approved and posted correctly
- Supervise reconciliation of supplier accounts and approve payment runs
- Supervise reconciliation of key customer accounts and manage dunning activities
- Ensure bank receipts and payments posted correctly and bank accounts reconciled
- Manage insurance renewals and administration
- Maintain fixed asset register, accruals and prepayment schedule and post to Sage
- Post stocktake results to Sage and investigate discrepancies
- Reconcile finance and HP leases
- Calculate and post intracompany eliminations
- Prepare management accounts and undertake ad-hoc analysis to explain variances
- Manage the statutory reporting and budget exercise
- Management of cash including payment controls and cash forecasting
- Run payroll for both monthly and fortnightly paid staff
- Manage assistant accountant
For more information about this role or any other Finance Manager roles in East London, please don’t hesitate to contact me in confidence, or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk.
Every application will receive a response as this is recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates – AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability