Group Financial Controller
|Salary:||£400.00 - £450.00 per day|
Group Financial Controller
Based in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire our client is a specialist private equity backed business services company who are expanding at rapid pace. The company can offer excellent progression and promotion opportunities as the group continues to grow, both organically and through acquisition. They’re now looking for a Group Financial Controller to join them on an interim basis and sit within a medium sized finance team.
The successful individual will be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified with at least 5 years post qualified experience and significant experience in M&A or PE backed businesses. You will also have prior experience in an all-round reporting role with exposure to both financial and management accounts. You will have strong influencing skills and an ability to build and manage relationships with the business stakeholders and with key stakeholders across finance. You will be driven to deliver high quality, accurate financial information in line with deadlines with the ability to analyse and summarise financial analysis into meaningful business information and dialogue.
Duties will include:
- Responsibility for continued challenge to and oversight of a robust Financial Control environment and Finance Risk framework
- Oversight of the timely delivery of monthly finance board reporting of which management accounts is the core responsibility of Senior Financial Controller and management accounts team
- Develop performance reporting to extend beyond traditional measures to include Rolling Forecasts, Investment case and Competitors
- Day to day leadership, management and motivation of direct reports including individual performance reviews
- Act as the Finance lead on Business Planning. Develop processes and communication links to ensure that financial plans are co-ordinated with capacity, service, and workforce plans
- Overall responsibility for integrity of group wide balance sheets; Senior Financial Controller has day-to-day responsibility
- In conjunction with external advisors, co-ordinate the audit and production of consolidated financial statements for the holding company which acts as the acquiring company for acquisitions, plus associated companies house filings
- Assist FD in the consideration, adoption, management and monitoring of a finance risk framework
- Identify relevant key service and financial risks to ensure these are effectively minimised and reported as part of the performance management and controls assurance reporting processes
- Work closely with the FD on reporting and development of monthly and ad-hoc financial information for the Senior Management Team and the Board. This will cover all key financial targets and relevant risks and opportunities
- Finance lead on developing a consultative framework to monitor and compile impact of project opportunities, with key attention on impact of staff costs which constitutes the principal cost base of the company and ensuring agreed projects are incorporated into financial projections
- Optimise use of recently installed Sage 200 accounts package, develop smart reporting tools and solutions to automate processes and reduce reliance on information held outside accounts system
- Work with IT on a variety of projects to develop, streamline and update processes in readiness for the company to cater for greater business volumes derived through organic growth and acquisitions
For more information about this role or any other Group Financial Controller jobs in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates – AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability