Group Financial Controller
|Location:||Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + benefits|
Group Financial Controller
Based in Gerrards Cross, our client is a successful and forward-thinking leader within the financial services industry who are on a massive acquisitional trail currently who have double in the last twelve months, with plans to grow a further 5-fold over the course of the next 3 years. We are currently helping them recruit a Group Financial Controller to join the business and assist them through an aggressive growth phase, managing a direct team of two and therefore strong change leadership/transformation experience within a growth and finance perspective will be a real value add.
This job would suit a senior qualified accountant who will be responsible for driving the adoption of the new Power BI reporting tool across the finance team. The job will involve interpreting complex financial information and presenting to the board.
This company is an expanding business that are passionate about their staff and internal promotions with a fast-paced environment.
The successful individual will have the ability to lead and motivate staff as well as prioritise work in a fast-paced environment. Great communication and presentation skills are essential as the candidate must be able to influence management and stakeholders. The Financial Controller must have strong IT skills with experience of business continuity planning from a commercial background. Experience risk management processes as well as accounting, VAT and tax is vital.
Duties will include:
- Responsibility for continued challenge to and oversight of a robust Financial Control environment and Finance Risk framework
- Oversight of the timely delivery of monthly finance board reporting of which management accounts is the core responsibility of Senior Financial Controller and management accounts team
- Develop performance reporting to extend beyond traditional measures to include rolling forecasts, investment case and competitors
- Manage 2 direct reports: Senior Financial Controller and M&A Analyst
- Day to day leadership, management and motivation of direct reports including individual performance reviews
- Act as the Finance lead on Business Planning
- Develop processes and communication links to ensure that financial plans are co-ordinated with capacity, service, and workforce plans
- Overall responsibility for integrity of group wide balance sheets; Senior Financial Controller has day-to-day responsibility
- In conjunction with external advisors, co-ordinate the audit and production of consolidated financial statements for the holding company which acts as the acquiring company for acquisitions, plus associated companies house filings
- Assist FD in the consideration, adoption, management and monitoring of a finance risk framework
- Identify relevant key service and financial risks to ensure these are effectively minimised and reported as part of the performance management and controls assurance reporting processes
- Work closely with the FD on reporting and development of monthly and ad-hoc financial information for the Senior Management Team and the Board. This will cover all key financial targets and relevant risks and opportunities
- Finance lead on developing a consultative framework to monitor and compile impact of project opportunities, with key attention on impact of staff costs which constitutes the principal cost base of the company and ensuring agreed projects are incorporated into financial projections
For more information about this role or any other Group Financial Controller jobs in Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates – AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability