Graduate Recruitment Consultant
|Location:||Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||£18000 - £30000 per annum|
Due to our fast and significant success, we are looking for a Graduate Recruitment Consultants to join our established team based in Hemel Hempstead.
MRK Associates is a business that has doubled in size in the last 2 years and continues to follow an exciting and ambitious business plan. We have a different structure to the current agencies in the market and we have a focused and unique approach to what we do which allows our consultants to excel in the areas in which they are most successful. Our ethos is one of quality of service whilst taking a long term view with the relationships we build ensuring clients always come back to us.
Our focus is in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire although the strength of the relationships we have built have resulted in filling jobs as far afield as Northampton, Redhill, Reading and Ipswich. This is an illustration as to how the right approach to working with individuals can create opportunities when you least expect it.
MRK Associates was set up in 2011 but now has three specialist businesses: 1) Accountancy and Finance, 2) Office Support and 3) Revenue Management which is an exciting business launched recently that is showing great success already. Each area acts as its own specialist business with consultants focusing solely in their speciality in order to ensure they become knowledgeable in their sector and respected by their clients with the advice and value they are able to add. We do not pretend to cover every type of job so we do not compete with the High Street agencies whose rates are knocked down by clients not appreciating their service.
Although our jobs range from £15K entry level positions up to £100k+ director jobs, we are seen to be experts in delivering high quality experienced professionals. The new consultant will be joining an established team of experts, into a formalised and structured training program that others have followed before and that has been written and evolved working with experience recruitment trainers.
The job would suit an ambitious and intelligent graduate calibre professional looking for their first move into the recruitment industry. The successful individual will want to work in a fast paced environment, will most likely not enjoy losing (as this is a competitive marketplace) and will be looking for a career that they can develop and progress in the coming years.
Duties will include:
- Working with the Resourcing team to target specific candidates for live vacancies
- Meeting clients face to face to develop relationships/ to take in full job descriptions and understand client expectations.
- Appropriate shortlisting for live vacancies – backing your judgement to send a small number of quality candidates.
- Targeted business development to employers when there is relevant and interesting information to discuss (not calling for the sake of it!)
- Developing long term relationships with clients with the understanding that a volume of vacancies over time is more beneficial than a quick win that doesn’t improve your reputation
- Briefing candidates fully before interviews with information gained from client meetings
- Network building through numerous different avenues to raise your own and MRK’s profile in the market.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and bright individual to join a forward thinking specialist recruitment business that is on a fast upward growth curve. This industry and this type of job suits someone with a competitive spirit, an ‘easy to get on with’ personality, and the ability to remain positive and bounce back from any knock backs. Ultimately this is a sales based job and suits people striving to drive their earnings forward.
In return, you can earn:
- A competitive basic salary
- On target earnings higher than most people you know.
- Huge career development as the business continues to grow and new desks/ markets develop.
- Investment in you as an individual through regular training.
- 23 days holidays increasing with time.
For more information about this role or an informal chat about the opportunity and future plans, please contact Roland Seddon (MD) in confidence.