|Salary:||£47000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Bonus|
Based in Watford, Hertfordshire, our global, pharmaceutical, and innovative client is a seeking a FP&A Analyst to join their busy team on a permanent basis.
The FP&A Analyst will support the business FP&A Director and the entire FP&A team in establishing company-wide financial reporting, analytical & planning standards across the underlying operations as well drive internal management report and external reporting to the Board of Directors.
This job would suit someone educated to a degree level in Business Administration or Business Studies with 3+ years’ experience in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field. You will have extensive experience in budgeting & forecasting, financial analysis, and strategic planning. You must have strong knowledge of general accounting concepts and the financial reporting systems (Hyperion, Power BI, etc.) as well as business ERPs (IFS, Navision, SAP, Oracle, etc.). This person will be able to demonstrate ability to lead and motivate others whilst being able to both work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail is essential.
Duties will include:
Drives business global processes for budgeting, forecasting and reporting of actual financial results:
- Understand the business performance through a clear, concise analysis and accurate summarization of the business’ financial results, including sales, volume and pricing, COGS, SG&A expenses, EBITDA, interest expense, taxes, net income and cash flow in comparison to budget and prior year results
- Support FP&A team in providing the Monthly Business Review packs to the company’s Core leadership Team (CLT)
- Provide financial leadership for HQ functions to ensure that corporate spending is managed efficiently and invested properly in support of the business
- Consolidate and monitor the company’s annual budget and monthly forecasts, which shall include establishing budget templates, setting timelines and managing inputs to ensure budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time
- Support FP&A and wider team in preparing Long Range Plan (LRP) commercial and operational template, actualization of LRP and support and assist the team in variance analysis vs previous years and trend analysis as well
- Drive continuous improvement in the company’s financial metrics as well in its Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) reporting
- Support Commercial Finance teams in more in-depth analysis of top-line results, including price and volume analytics, backlog reporting, etc.
- Identify and implement best practices and establish standard FP&A routines
- Work and Liaise with Finance Operation Team in maintaining key operational metrics used for reporting purpose with a detailed variance analysis vs Plan and Forecast
Other Duties & Responsibility
- Partners with the Controllership team to have a lead role in the implementation of future financial consolidation, reporting and planning software tool.
- Be the pioneer in implementing new report made with Power BI tool already developed in some part of (i.e. Finance Operations and New Product Development)
- On an ad-hoc basis, provide sound financial analysis for a variety of special projects including potentially the evaluation and integration of acquisitions
Systems and Process Changes
- Providing feedback, guidance and support on the implementation of new Group initiatives including a new consolidation system and process changes.
- Identification of inefficient processes and ownership of implementing change to refine and improve these.
Support the wider team on other ad-hoc tasks
- Proactively manage the workload and your manager’s expectations ensuring all deliverables are delivered to a very high quality and in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain good communication channels with all stakeholders
- Assist in other ad-hoc projects undertaken by the wider finance team.
For more information about this role or any other FP&A Analyst jobs in Watford, Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website.
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates – AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability