Financial Reporting Manager- Contract
|Location:||Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||£65000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus & Benefits|
Financial Reporting Manager
Based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, our client who is the global leader in their field and a well-renowned business with exciting plans is looking for a Financial Reporting Manager to join their team on an initial 15-month contract basis to cover maternity leave.
You will be primarily responsible for all aspects of financial reporting in the UK, HQ and investment companies, and the financial lead in a European entity. The role manages a team of 5, covering Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable/Credit Control and a Financial Accountant.
The successful individual will be an ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified accountant. You will have proven experience in a Finance team, ideally including managing a team, responsibility for financial reporting and dealing with Auditors. Experience working with SAP is an advantage and it is essential you have strong Excel skills.
Duties will include:
- Main point of contact for all financial reporting, management, forecasting and analysis for the new business
- Responsible for liaising with third party Accountants to ensure accurate accounting, timely internal financial reporting and strong financial controls
- Drive and contribute towards timely and accurate monthly, interim and year- end close activities managed by the UK finance team, including Division/Group reporting and related disclosures
- Preparation of results analysis to stakeholders, including divisional Finance and regional management teams such as Divisional Management Pack, interim and full year reporting and schedules preparation
- Financial Analysis and Planning: support the budgeting and forecasting process
- Work with external and internal Auditors and Tax Advisors to ensure timely completion of audits for group reporting, and preparation of all UK entities’ statutory accounts
- Preparation of Tax Information pack and Transfer Pricing Returns manage preparation of VAT return, PSA, liaise with HMRC on VAT, EC sales and Intrastat matters and prepare annual insurance return
- Work with the Divisional Treasury Manager and Group Plc Treasury team to support financing entities/projects, and monitoring of cash positions of the division
- Ensure adequate financial controls in place to protect assets
- Prepare Control Self-Assessment return and drive the increase of compliance
- Policies & Procedures: ensure the business is compliant with all Group financial policies and procedures, such as delegation of authority, expense procedures, capex applications, foreign exchange, etc.
- Comply with and promote business ethics, data protection and health & safety
- Drive efficiencies within Finance team and wider business, including looking for opportunities to transfer further transaction processing work into shared services
- Challenging the business on all areas of process and cost control
- Ad-hoc projects/requests: complete various ad-hoc projects as required, including the opportunity to get involved in SAP enhancements and support
- Ensure that the team develops the skills, experience and expertise to drive the business forward, and drive their personal development/career progression
For more information about this role or any other Financial Reporting Manager jobs in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates – AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability