|Salary:||£35000 - £40000 per annum + Study Support|
Based in Hatfield, our client who is the largest independent provider within their field are looking for a part qualified CIMA/ACCA or qualified by experience Financial Accountant to join the team on a permanent basis.
The successful individual will have experience of working in the Accounting/Finance function of a complex organisation. You will be driven by a strong work ethic with the ability to work in an organised manor and prioritise key tasks. It is essential you have good interpersonal skills as you will be required to work with all levels of staff in a small office environment.
Duties will include:
- Manage Intercompany accounting and confirmations, ensuring VAT and regulatory compliance
- Manage bookings at month end, working with functional owners to ensure all costs are recorded timely and accurately
- Produce and lead review of actuals vs budget with functional owners
- Develop and implement methodology for tracking and reporting costs incurred on behalf of other business units
- FX calculation and reconciliation on intercompany trading, loan and interest balances
- Coordination with other accounting hubs on complex cross-regional transactions
- Intercompany transactions to be invoiced each month and fed into the local Tax reporting (VAT return and EC Sales list)
- Cash or Non-Cash settlements of intercompany balances to be actioned regularly
- Coordination with Treasury function on cashflow impact from intercompany requirements
- Cashflows from above settlements to be tracked in bank and posted to GL as required adjusting for FX impact
- Generation of transaction proposal schedules for complex intercompany transactions and coordinating approval from Tax and Accounting managers
- Coordination with technical accounting department on the application of US GAAP and UK IFRS correctly in all intercompany activity
- Manage the financial planning process (Budgets and Forecasts) for inter-company activity
- Coordinate with commercial and operational businesses to ensure the business is prepared in advance of new intercompany business activities and group restructuring projects
- Address audit requests / requirements relating to intercompany and fx activity
- Work with Tax function on transfer pricing documentation and implementation throughout European region.
For more information about this role or any other Financial Accountant jobs in Hatfield, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates – AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability