|Location:||Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Benefits|
Based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, our growing, innovative and forward-thinking client seeks a Financial Accountant to join the business on a permanent basis.
The successful individual will be an ACA or ACCA Qualified Accountant, ideally making their first move away from practice and experience of working in a fast-paced changing environment with a clear understanding of IFRS and US GAAP. You will be deadline driven with the ability to influence other team members to hit deadlines. Outstanding interpersonal skills, as well as adept in the use of MS office, with advanced Excel skills is essential. A motivated self-starter with a proven track record of delivering on proactivity who is passionate about exceeding expectations.
This company is a very successful & innovative technology business with a global reach which has been serving its customers throughout the UK and Internationally for many years. The company is a global leader in their market that strives to provide advancements in their field.
Duties will include:
- Ensure the accuracy of all financial records and prepare the period end accounts with commentary and insight
- Act as principle contact for external and internal audit and tax
- Preparation of the VAT return for review by Tax Manager
- Collation of corporation tax information for review by Tax Manager
- Ensure compliance with all controls and maintain a culture of continual improvement with a focus on data integrity and efficiency
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations for key accounts as well as review of other balance sheet reconciliations (SOX compliance)
- Proactively provide all internal customers with analysis and support, with a focus on exceeding budget
- Support the business departments and colleagues with finance issues
- Development of effective reports and analysis to ensure accurate measurement against performance KPIs
- Provide information for the completion of budgets and forecasts, and to provide insights against these based on performance
- Proactively review and work within company policies, standard operating procedures, company and legislative updates to ensure you are working in line with best practice and business risk is minimised
- Work collaboratively with Legal to cover relevant legal and regulatory issues and mitigate risk to the business by ensuring we are operating to and within relevant guidelines, laws and standards
- Proactively minimise business risk including overseeing and communicating the review and updating of relevant company policies, standard operating procedures and legislative updates
- Input into cashflow forecasting and assistance with Treasury
For more information about this role or any other Financial Accountant jobs in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates – AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability