|Location:||St Albans, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||£65000 - £70000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits|
Based in St Albans, Hertfordshire, our client is a market leader in their field looking for a Finance Manager to lead a large reconciliations team on a permanent basis.
This job would suit a flexible and ambitious person who will be responsible for the coordination and reconciliation of bank accounts. The job will also involve taking responsibility for identifying and validating un-posted transactions and arranging for them to be posted. The successful candidate will be a Qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant with strong controls, hands-on accounting exposure and considerable experience in leading high performing teams and ensuring processes and controls are followed through accurately.
This company is a leader within their industry and have grown massively in recent years. They have locations nationwide and are continuously growing. The company has a friendly culture with great benefits and excellent progression opportunities.
The successful individual will have experience of Sage 200, trading account processes and reconciliation techniques as well as a good understanding of the data requirement and input process of DRS. It is essential the candidate has excellent communication skills with the ability to problem solve and think strategically. The individual should be able to achieve goals and meet deadlines without losing accuracy.
Duties will include:
- Keep all designated bank accounts reconciled to the end of the previous day
- Ensure all cash receipts and payments are allocated on the purchase and sales ledger
- Assist with cash flow management
- Prepare the VAT return for review and transmission
- Assist in the financial ‘take-on’ of acquired sites
- Process payments in the absence of one of the other signatories
- Assist with purchase ledger transactional processing as appropriate to departmental workloads
- Perform other ad hoc duties as required (for accounts and other departments)
- Suggest improvements to and further develop the bank reconciliation process
- Take ownership of the monthly site performance report- This should involve attending operational site reviews and providing explanations to reported variances
- Suggesting and implementing improvements to the monthly site performance report
- Shadowing other Finance Department members through financial and reporting tasks so that workloads can be covered during periods of annual leave and sickness
Suggest improvements to the reporting system to improve data collection and integrity
For more information about this role or any other Finance Manager in St Albans, Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates – AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability