|Salary:||£20000.00 - £24000.00 per annum|
Based in Hitchin, our client is looking for a Credit Controller to join them on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for managing debt recovery, this could involve stopping the supply of goods and services or undertaking legal action or for bankrupt businesses to negotiate recovery of funds.
The successful individual will maintain a calm, confident and outgoing approach whilst being able to handle any potentially uncomfortable cash collection conversations for a positive outcome with previous experience writing off small balance/credits on monthly basis. You will be competent in Microsoft Office products, Excel and SAGE 50 with the drive and ability to learn new systems and processes.
Duties will include:
- Chase debt via both verbal and written communication
- Ensure customer queries are processed and resolved in an efficient and timely manner
- Preparation of chasing letters and issuance of legal action where necessary
- Monthly Statement production and distribution
- Undertake regular reporting to the Finance Manager & Senior Credit Controller including debtor levels and overdue accounts
- Creating new accounts on all company systems
- Allocating all cash remittances to the accounts system
- Producing copy invoices for customers when required
- Compile accurate DD collection amounts and amend when necessary, always ensuring cash payments are allocated
- Undertake regular reporting to the Finance Manager including debtor levels and overdue accounts
- Complete monthly reports for Account Managers and other internal departments
- Arrange and attend meetings as necessary to discuss and resolve debt collection issues
- Develop and maintain good relationships with both internal staff and external customers
- Communication with Account Managers to effectively manage the accounts and to give visibility to any issues and concerns
For more information about this role or any other Credit Controller jobs in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates – AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability