|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
Based in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, our client is an ambitious Property Management Company that has grown rapidly in recent years and is now looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
Due to an increase in clients, this job will take responsibility for delivering a client accounting function ensuring that all functions are processed quickly and efficiently, in line with codes of practice.
This company believes in a modern way of working, providing a simple, yet effective service to its clients. The business prides themselves in hiring the very best in order to maintain their reputation and ensure the best for their employees and their customers.
The successful individual will have strong experience in a month end capacity and knowledge of accounting, construction, and management of service charges along with an excellent understanding of legislation, policy and best practice. It is essential the applicant has experience in management accounts within a growing SME, producing reports with excellent bank account reconciliations experience.
Duties will include:
- Enter service charge budgets into the system
- Raising charges for residential rent and service charge and issuing of service charge and ground rent demands
- Prepare service charge quarterly variance analysis
- Manage the sinking funds accounts in line with RICS codes of conduct and ensure that appropriate controls are in place
- Production of annual service charge statements and reconciling and calculating the year end service charges
- Preparing account packs to send to auditors and assisting auditors as required
- Develop relationships with the key stakeholders both external and internal
- Accruals, prepayments, processing journals and running month end reports
- Train and support junior members of the team
- Setting up new developments in Qube to include reviewing and coordinating the set-up of the service charges
- Provide monthly arrears reports to the Senior Management Team
- Liaising with leaseholders and clients regarding service charge accounting queries
For more information about this role or any other Assistant Accountant jobs in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates – AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability