|Salary:||£30000.00 - £34000.00 per annum|
Based in Tring, Hertfordshire, our client is an established well-known charity looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their team.
This job would suit an experienced Assistant Accountant who will be responsible for the reporting, budgeting and income processes for the company.
This business is a well-known charity, operating across Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. The company is renowned for delivering outstanding service across the region and operated with experienced staff along with volunteers.
The successful individual will have a pro-active and professional approach with the ability to manage a small team. The Assistant Accountant must be a great communicator and able to influence staff at all levels. It is essential the candidate is a dedicated team player and can deliver continuous improvements while working closely with other departments.
Duties will include:
- Prepare and distribute monthly management accounts and develop partnerships with budget holders and other responsible officers to better understand issues affecting the annual budget, process, business activity, normal code analysis etc.
- Assist with the preparation of the year-end audit pack for the statutory audit and oversee the audit process
- Assist with monitoring the weekly cash flow forecasts, ensuring visibility on working capital is maintained
- Ensure that all receipts are processed correctly in accordance with the documented financial procedures
- Liaise with the bank to ensure prompt resolution of any banking queries
- Ensure the security of all the cash assets stored overnight
- Ensure that the restricted funds are reconciled on a monthly basis
- Assist with the annual budget process; supporting budget holders throughout, including dealing with queries, monitoring the process and reviewing the budget submissions for completeness
- Ensure that the month end reporting and reconciliation processes are strictly followed and all outstanding issues are followed up in a timely manner
- Ensure that all processes are understandable, well documented and updated regularly
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with banking; credit card; third party payment portal and investment providers, ensuring best use of/most cost-effective use of funds is maintained
- Lead, motivate and inspire to ensure team of 3 staff members and volunteers
- Train and support prospective and existing volunteers to ensure they are fully knowledgeable in all areas of their work
- Ensure best use of resources delegated to this role, including ensuring direct reports fulfil their respective delegated responsibilities for financial management and probity
- Ensure professional standards and sound internal controls are maintained in all finance operations including, month end reporting, budgeting, cash handling and reporting
- Mentor, coach and performance manage gaps in performance. Identify training and development needs and work with individual staff members to address knowledge gaps
- Regularly review the effectiveness of the internal controls and implement changes where necessary
For more information about this role or any other Assistant Accountant jobs in Tring, Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates – AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability