Welcome to Oakman Inns
It all began in 2007, when our vision of a modern, independent pub materialised with The Akeman in Tring. Imaginative food made from scratch, comfort and elegance in equal measure, a personal service and an open and honest ethos – so far, these are the things that have proved to be essential ingredients of the Oakman recipe. Nine pubs on and we’re hungry for more.
Each of our inns is individual, with a personality that reflects the local area it serves and a heart that’s deeply rooted in the community. Caring about people – on both sides of the bar – is what drives our success, first and foremost. This is why we think Oakman is a great place to work.
Why work with us?
At Oakman Inns, we like to keep our staff happy. Smiling faces make for a more enjoyable experience for everyone – our customers included.
We invest in our people not only through great training, but also by rewarding them with some rather nice employee benefits.
Saving and earning money
- Food discounts – Enjoy discounted meals at our pubs, along with up to six guests
- Gym membership – Keep fit for less with our corporate gym scheme
- Recruitment incentive scheme – Rewards are offered for successful employee recommendations
While you work
- Complimentary ‘family style’ lunch – sustenance to keep you going
- Employee support – Our employee assistance programme allows you to confidentially seek advice or receive counselling about your career, finances, personal problems and anything else you’d like to discuss
- Cycle-to-work scheme – Keep fit and be kind to the environment with a salary sacrifice scheme
- Childcare vouchers – We operate a salary sacrifice scheme to assist with childcare responsibilities
- Training and development – Our encouragement goes far beyond making sure basic tasks are done; take a look at the opportunities open to you
- Long service awards – We recognise and reward your commitment after one, three and five years with us (and beyond)
- Our Recognition Programme – We like to say ‘thank you’ often and will reward you with a gift personal to you